Date Added: 14 September 2018
: 15 October 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Sarah Newton MP (Truro and Falmouth)
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing information and support for individual constituents on a range of issues, taking appropriate action to resolve concerns in a courteous way.
- Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
- Liaising with various branches of local and central government, voluntary sector and others to address problems.
- Drafting correspondence, responding to individual and collective constituent concerns.
- Communicating with constituents over the telephone, keeping records of contact.
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Prior experience providing welfare and benefits advice at the CAB or a similar organisation
- Excellent written communication skills with attention to detail on spelling and grammar.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision but as part of a small team.
- Ability to empathise with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Administrative experience (including paper and e-filing systems).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Motivation and clear commitment to help the people of Truro & Falmouth.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate a sound political knowledge, with an awareness of current social policy issues such as welfare reform and childcare.
They should be a team player, willing to take responsibility and play an important role within the office.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 October 2018
Please note that interviews may commence before the closing date for applications.
Start date 7 January 2019.
Please send CV and covering letter by email to Sarah Newton: