Date Added: 17 September 2018
: 12 October 2018
Job Title: 6-month paid Healthcare Communications placement
Working For: Hanover
Salary: London Living Wage + expenses
Hanover has launched the 2018 Mackay Award to find a new generation of the brightest talent for its healthcare practice. The winning entrant will enjoy a unique six-month development programme with the expectation of a permanent role at Hanover Health.
The 2018 Mackay Award winner will join Hanover’s unique programme designed to provide a deep understanding of the changing healthcare landscape and first-hand experience of different perspective and geographies. The six-month programme will include:
- Time in each of Hanover Health’s specialist communications and policy teams in London, Brussels, Dublin and Dubai
- Work placement at leading NHS news site Health Service Journal, the leading news and insight service for the NHS and those that work with it
- Work placement at a health charity to support a campaign
- Attend Wired Health conference to hear about cutting edge health tech
Attend an international cancer conference to understand the latest science and breakthrough treatments
- Complete a project on health and cancer communications and policy to be published as a Hanover thought leadership piece
This opportunity is suited to those with a passion for communications and a drive to join a fast-paced, thriving industry. Applicants must have no more than one year’s work experience and be available to interview in October 2018 and to start in January 2019. No prior experience in healthcare is necessary. The winner will be paid London Living Wage throughout the programme’s duration and their additional expenses will be covered by Hanover.
The award is dedicated to one of Hanover’s founders, Gregor Mackay, who died in 2005 eight weeks after being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. The Mackay Award has a cancer theme running through it, in honour of Gregor but also because cancer is one of the biggest challenges facing healthcare today.
Closing Date: 12 October 2018
Interviews to take place in October 2018. Start date in January 2019.
Please submit an application form found via the following link: https://www.hanovercomms.com/2018/09/13/hanover-mackay-award/