Date Added: 17 September 2018
: 20 October 2018
Job Title: Research Intern
Working For: DRD Partnership
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Research intern role
The primary role of a research intern at DRD Partnership is to provide support to team members across one or two key projects on a range of activities. You will work in a team alongside analysts and company Partners, take part in team discussions and report to an Associate. Some tasks may require working at a fast pace.
You will support client work with some of the following activities:
• Media monitoring
• Compiling journalist lists
• Social media promotion and analysis
• Stakeholder mapping
• Monitoring policy and industry developments
• Background research
• Proofing and copy-editing
• Researching, attending, reporting on industry or relevant networking events
• Translation (if relevant)
We are looking for interns who pay close attention to detail, have the ability to think analytically, write in a clear and concise manner and are able to take initiative when considering what might be of use to the client. Interns should be comfortable conducting research using a variety of media (online and databases) and able to compile clear, concise and presentable reports in Word and Excel formats.
We are currently recruiting interns educated to degree level or who are approaching their final year of undergraduate studies and who possess excellent academic credentials. Due to the nature of our work, we are looking in particular for candidates with a background or demonstrable interest in law, public policy, international relations, commerce, business, reputation management. Previous work experience in PR, communications, media or government are desirable.
Although not essential, we are interested in hearing from candidates with foreign language skills, particularly European.
• Close attention to detail and ability to scrutinise sources
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience with thorough research and referencing
• Capable of extracting and prioritising relevant information
• Good time management and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Confidence in making recommendations
• Quick to understand the role research material will have in reaching project goals
• Fluency in European languages (a bonus)
Closing Date: 20 October 2018
We are accepting applications for an immediate start.
The role will require a minimum of three working days a week for a period of three months. Ideal candidates will be available five days a week.
Intern working hours are from 10am – 5pm but there can be some flexibility in work schedules.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter a review of why you wish to apply, why you are suitable for the role and what your availability is.