Date Added: 18 September 2018
: 18 October 2018
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Police Now
Salary: £28,000 - £36,000 dependent upon experience
You will play a vital role managing Police Now’s reputation, proactively and reactively, across a broad range of platforms. You’ll build relationships with influencers and decision-makers within the press, policing community and political sphere to secure support for Police Now’s participants, partner police forces and the Police Now organisation.
You will help design and develop the Police Now communications strategy and then take the lead implementing it. This will involve identifying target audiences, developing appropriate messaging, social media content creation and media outreach with the aim of increasing our engagement with stakeholders. You will also be responsible for working closely with the Police Now Senior Leadership Team to organise print, broadcast, radio and face-to-face media opportunities.
- Provide media and communications advice to the Police Now Senior Leadership Team
- Work with colleagues, Police Now participants and force partners to generate positive news stories about Police Now’s community and policing impact
- Proactively secure press coverage in mainstream national and policing media outlets, predominantly print media but also television and radio coverage
- Manage reactive press enquiries
- Keep internal stakeholders, including the Senior Leadership Team, informed of relevant press coverage
- Manage and monitor social media platforms, in particular Twitter and LinkedIn
- Build communications collateral
- Produce and disseminate a quarterly newsletter to all Police Now contacts
- Raise Police Now’s profile in parliament, managing relationships with MPs and other political influencers
- Maintain the Police Now blog, working to generate appropriate content
- Promote Police Now at internal and external events
What you need
- Experience working with the press
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Commitment to Police Now’s mission, vision and values
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Crisis management experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of policing as a sector or a willingness to immerse yourself and get up to speed quickly
Closing Date: 18 October 2018
Start date: Immediate start.
Police Now may appoint the position prior to the closing date on the advertisement.
Please apply via the below link:
You will need to submit a cover letter and your CV.