Date Added: 19 September 2018
: 14 October 2018
Job Title: Digital Media Officer
Working For: SNP Westminster Group
Salary: Dependent on experience and in line with pay scales.
Your role will be to support SNP MPs in using digital media to communicate their parliamentary work. You will work with MPs, their offices and the SNP’s digital teams in London and Edinburgh to produce engaging content for our social media platforms, write and edit content for publication on our website, and demonstrate sound online community judgment.
- Support in the day-to-day management of the SNP’s social media channels and in the creation and publishing of content across our digital platforms
- Help to develop the SNP’s digital media portfolio and experiment with new and emerging channels and content, with an emphasis on native video, to reach our target audiences
- Work with a team of creative people to ensure the maximum digital impact of the wider party’s aims and activities
- Support MPs in the development and inclusion of social media within their parliamentary campaigns
- Support in the analysis of our digital activity and make recommendations on how to maximise the impact of our digital output
- Seek out and develop new digital strategies and content opportunities to help grow the SNP’s digital presence
- Liaise closely with SNP colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure digital content corresponds with, and enhances, the party’s overall aims and output
- Aid in ensuring that all digital content is appropriate in tone and that published content has proper community management.
Skills and Experience
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate an innate understanding of social media and experience of working with social media accounts, including the opportunities and risks of social media in a political context
- Understanding and experience of using online media to communicate key messages and reach target audiences
- Experience of working with Adobe Creative Suite to create suitable and engaging content for multiple digital platforms
- Strong editorial judgement and impeccable attention to detail, including strong writing and proof reading skills, particularly in short form writing/social media posts
- Ability to work well within a small team and independently, and some weekend and evening work may be required
- Applicants must have a firm knowledge of current Scottish politics and the SNP’s role at Westminster
Closing Date: 14 October 2018
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject “Digital Media Officer".