Date Added: 21 September 2018
: 22 October 2018
Job Title: Media and Stakeholder Communications Manager
Working For: Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors
Salary: circa £40,000
The Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors is currently recruiting a new Media and Stakeholder Communications Manager to join our busy policy team. The role is based primarily at the Institute’s policy office in Smith Square, Westminster, but with frequent visits to the Institute’s main head office in Clapham.
Our Media and Stakeholder Communications Manager will play a pivotal role in executing the Chartered IIA’s influence and profile raising programme in the media and with stakeholders, reporting to and working very closely day to day with the Head of Policy & External Affairs, as well as working very closely with other senior colleagues, including our Chief Executive.
This is an exciting time to join the team at the Chartered IIA and a fantastic opportunity to make a positive impact, as we begin to further raise our profile and influence in the corporate governance arena.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Significant and proven experience in a media/public relations role
- Excellent writing skills for presentations, speeches, web content and news release material
- The ability to grow, foster and maintain relationships with a network of journalists
- Good knowledge of government and regulatory sources
- The ability to demonstrate strategic and analytical thinking skills
- High standard of attention to detail
- IT skills (MS Office, contact database management, desktop publishing)
- Portfolio of documented evidence demonstrating the delivery of successful media relations programmes such as press clippings
- Previous experience working with relevant sectoral media/trade press as well as relevant media influencers such as business, city, financial, economics and accounting correspondents/editors
- Member of a relevant professional body (PRCA, CIPR)
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement an integrated communications strategy using a range of channels
- Experience in media relations in a public policy context such as working in a government body, trade association, business membership organisation, think tank or similar
For a copy of the full job description and person specification please contact email@example.com.
Closing Date: 22 October 2018
Interviews to take place the week commencing Monday 29 October. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible depending on any existing contractual obligations.
Candidates should apply by sending a cover letter (no more than two sides of A4) that addresses the person specification along with an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks of the deadline for applications please assume you have been unsuccessful. We kindly ask for no unsolicited applications or enquiries from agencies.