Date Added: 24 September 2018
: 21 October 2018
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: Heritage of London Trust
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Do you want to join an independent heritage charity for London? The Heritage of London Trust helps preserve the buildings and monuments that tell the story of the city and its people. Our work is across the whole of London and our restoration projects help enhance the city, keep its character and provide a link to its diverse history.
We are looking for a dynamic communications professional to join our team. The post-holder will be a significant support for the organisation, raising the profile of our work and building new audiences.
Responsibilities include producing PR strategies, editorial content and marketing materials and maximising proactive and reactive opportunities for the Trust. You’ll manage and publicise project launches and secure exemplary media coverage for our projects across a range of channels. You need to be flexible, tactical and self-motivated with broad and demonstrable understanding of public affairs in London.
Heading up all communications and providing direct support to the Chief Executive, this is an exciting time to join us.
- Maximise opportunities to raise the profile of our work
- Build excellent media relations across multiple channels
- Develop briefings to send to journalists and respond to journalist enquiries
- Develop creative content for website and marketing copy, including writing blogs, producing videos and podcasts
- Develop social media activity, engaging with new and existing supporters online
- Organise project launches, community events and VIP speaker events
- Liaise with the Development Manager on fundraising campaigns
Essential criteria and skills
- Educated to a high degree standard
- A confident communicator with exceptional writing skills
- A track record in achieving outstanding media coverage, ideally in the charity sector
- A track record in building brand awareness
- Experience in event management
- Experience of working with high-profile supporters
- Strong knowledge of digital and IT
- Genuine enthusiasm for social media
- An entrepreneurial attitude
- Creative flair and good aesthetic/design sense
- A passion for historic London
- A degree in history or a related arts subject
- Professional PR or journalism qualifications
- Experience in liaising with schools and diverse audiences
We are open to considering a part-time role.
Closing Date: 21 October 2018
If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com with the following:
Application deadline: 21 October 2018
Your CV as a PDF attachment
A brief covering letter with no more than 200 words of why you think you are suitable
When you would be available to start
Where you are based
If we select you for interview we expect to let you know by Wednesday 24 October 2018. If you are selected for the second round of interviews you will be asked to complete a small assignment.
Thanks and good luck!
Strictly no agencies.