Date Added: 24 September 2018
: 12 October 2018
Job Title: Communications and Office Coordinator
Working For: Give Us Time
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Give Us Time is a forces charity that secures donations in the form of accommodation from commercially-let property owners. This enables us to provide respite breaks for armed forces families. As the Communications and Office Coordinator, you will be responsible for the smooth and efficient management of the charity’s office, with a particular responsibility for the charity’s communications.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Organising and managing family respite breaks as well as occasional travel abroad to support group trips.
• Liaising with military families, welfare units, military personnel and charity donors.
• Assisting in the day to day administration of the charity office and the charity’s accounts.
• Assisting in the management of the company’s website - including answering enquiries made via the website, central email account and telephone.
• Supporting the planning and running of fundraising activities and events.
• Managing the charity’s online presence, including its website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts – as well as creating and implementing social media strategies for the above.
• Producing newsletters and other communications content - including content for the social media accounts and website.
Suitable candidates should be able to work effectively in a small team, have excellent communication skills, be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and be experienced at managing databases. They should enjoy using social media and must be able to manage the charity’s social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. A good imagination, eye for detail, a sense of humour and an empathy with the armed forces and the charity’s work are desired.
• Excellent Communication skills both written and oral.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office programs - Outlook, Word and Excel are essential.
• Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
• Some knowledge of bookkeeping - able to use excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft products.
• Ability to manage different tasks at the same time and prioritise the workload.
• Outside the box thinking and willingness to run the extra mile.
Closing Date: 12 October 2018
Start Date: As soon as possible and no later than 19th November 2018
Early applications are encouraged as we may appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Interviews will be scheduled from 4th October
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV and covering letter.