Date Added: 24 September 2018
: 12 October 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Officer
Working For: Energy and Utilities Alliance (EUA)
Salary: c. £25,000 plus bonus
Founded in 1905, the Energy and Utilities Alliance (EUA) is a not-for-profit trade association that provides a leading industry voice to help shape the future policy direction within the energy sector.
Using its wealth of expertise and over 100 years of experience, it acts to further the best interests of its members and the wider community in working towards a sustainable, energy secure and energy efficient future.
Based in Kenilworth you will be working in our expanding Public Affairs team and reporting to the Head of External Affairs. Your focus will be on ensuring that key issues and industry positions affecting the energy sector are articulated to and understood by MPs, Peers, Government bodies and devolved administrations. You will work closely with your counterparts at leading firms in the sector.
This role will be to support the organisation’s drive to help shape energy policy in the UK, influencing policy makers on behalf of our member companies.
Key duties will include
- Responding to government consultations based on evidence and knowledge gained from our membership and other sources.
- Drafting briefings, letters, press releases and policy positions to support our engagement with Parliamentarians and Government.
- Identify and communicate political developments to colleagues and member companies, responding in a timely and professional manner to any queries.
- Work in partnership with relevant organisations to form policy positions where appropriate.
- Assist with the arrangement of and attend meetings/events that support our influencing energy policy agenda.
This role would suit a graduate or postgraduate. Experience of energy policy is an advantage but not essential. Previous work experience with Parliamentarians, for example by working in an MP’s office, would be desirable. The ability to interpret and explain policy positions and to develop new policy will be critical. Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
Closing Date: 12 October 2018
Starting ASAP, we may appoint before the closing date.
Email a CV and covering letter to Mike Foster, CEO at :- firstname.lastname@example.org