Date Added: 27 September 2018
: 26 October 2018
Job Title: Senior Account Manager / Account Manager
Working For: Newington Communications
Location: London and / or Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: £30,000 – £39,000 PA depending on experience plus benefits
Newington (formerly known as Bellenden) is a multi-award winning public and corporate affairs agency. In just ten years we have grown into the fifth biggest public affairs consultancy in the UK and created one of the strongest and most dynamic communications offers of its kind, with more than 50 consultants operating out of our offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Chelmsford.
Due to extensive growth and new business wins in our East London / East of England team, we are currently recruiting for ambitious and commercially minded individuals who are looking to help us drive our ambitious growth.
The Local division provides political and public affairs support to clients on a local and regional level and specialises in the development, energy and devolution sectors.
We are looking for exceptional candidates who have the right attitude, determination and above all passion for political communications.
The ideal candidates will:
• Be graduate level or equivalent;
• Have a demonstrable knowledge of and enthusiasm for business, campaigns and politics;
• Have at least one year’s experience working in political, policy or communication fields;
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills;
• Have excellent research and organisational skills;
• Possess a professional eye for detail;
• Be a friendly and enthusiastic team player;
• Have demonstrable knowledge of East London and the East of England;
• Membership of a political party whilst not essential would be preferable.
The role will require you to:
• Develop a detailed understanding of your clients and their operating environments;
• Undertake political and issue-led research;
• Learn to assess the relevance and motivations of different stakeholders;
• Develop your communication and influence skills;
• Help to deliver targeted engagement programmes and to coordinate events;
• With guidance, develop position papers and policy documents;
• Utilise print, broadcast, digital and social media as part of integrated campaigns;
• Start to identify and pursue new business opportunities;
• Help to deliver community engagement programmes on behalf of clients;
• Some evening and weekend work will be required. Newington has a comprehensive ‘Time Off in Lieu’ policy for such occurrences.
Closing Date: 26 October 2018
Successful candidates will be invited to interview at the London office and to complete a written exercise in advance. Interview dates to be agreed. Start date will be as soon as possible.
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and covering letter by email to Cameronscott@newingtoncomms.co.uk. In your subject line and covering letter, please use reference – Account Manager position – East.
All applications will be dealt with according to Newington’s equal opportunities policy. Due to the volume of applicants, we do not respond to each individual application.
Please note that Newington reserves the right to appoint candidates to the roles before the closing date. Applicants are therefore advised to submit their CV at their earliest convenience.