Date Added: 28 September 2018
: 14 October 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant (Part time, 4 days per week)
Working For: Imran Hussain MP (Bradford East)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Imran Hussain MP is seeking a part-time Parliamentary Assistant (Monday to Thursday) in his busy Westminster Office to support him in his parliamentary and shadow ministerial work.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Imran is accurately informed on key issues
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc
- Diary Management
- Ensure Imran is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the house
- Monitor media coverage and brief Imran on relevant issues
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions etc.
- Progress casework as required
- Project Work
- Provide generalist admin support
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects
- A good working knowledge of politics, parliament and current affairs
- Excellent research and writing skills, reflecting good attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well as part of a wider team as well as autonomously
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- The ability to take the initiative and prioritise workload under pressure
- Strong organisational skills to prioritise, with the ability to work efficiently to tight deadlines
- A commitment to Labour Party values
- Previous experience of working in parliament would be desirable
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 October 2018
Deadline for applications: 11:59pm
Interviews: Interviews will take place the week commencing 22nd October 2018 in Westminster.
To apply for this post please email a CV and one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org