Date Added: 28 September 2018
: 15 October 2018
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Working For: Australia - United Kingdom Chamber of Commerce
Salary: £23 000 - £26 000 Depending on Experience
• Assist with scheduling of the annual events calendar and keep internal events tracker up to
• Plan and deliver Chamber events ranging from breakfast roundtables, briefing seminars,
networking receptions and formal dinners.
• Coordinate and manage a range of stakeholders, including suppliers, venues, photographers,
guests, sponsors and speakers.
• Working with the Marketing & Member Relations Manager and the Executive Director drive
business development through finding new suppliers, preferential rates and partnerships for the
Chamber and ensuring events are within budget
• Manage event set-up and registrations through Eventbrite and Member registration
• Handle event enquiries from Members and suppliers
• Create and manage guest lists, name tags and event coordination tasks
• Provide regular updates on event planning and marketing activities
• Attend events after hours as required.
Marketing and Communications Support
• Create and schedule marketing communications with the support of the Marketing and
Member Relations Manager including:
• Event invitations using Mailchimp
• Create event program documents and powerpoint slides
• Create and schedule event reminder emails, thank you and follow-up emails
• Contributing to monthly bulletin using Mailchimp
• Social media posts before, during and following events, in particular Facebook, Twitter and
• Working within a small team assist with general office administration including taking calls,
logistical support before and after events and dealing with enquiries.
• Attend weekly team meetings and provide updates.
Traits & Skills required
• Extremely strong attention to detail and organisational abilities and good time-management
• Strong written and verbal skills including precise grammar and spelling
• Competency and confidence with a range of systems, especially Highrise or similar CRM system,
Mailchimp and Eventbrite
• Comfortable working across Word, Excel and Powerpoint to create content and
• Experience in online content management especially across Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
• Committed, enthusiastic and well-presented
• Flexibility to attend regular out of hours events
• Demonstrated interest/experience in and understanding of Australia desirable
Closing Date: 15 October 2018
Initial interviews will take place on the week commencing 22nd October 2018. Subsequent interviews will take shortly thereafter.
Ideally the candiate would be able start ASAP based around their current notice period.
Application deadline 6pm.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter addressing the above Key Responsibilities and Traits & Skills Required via email with the subject line ‘Application: Events Coordinator’ to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
For more information please contact the Australia – United Kingdom Chamber of Commerce at 0207099 8444, or email email@example.com