Date Added: 29 September 2018
: 28 November 2018
Job Title: Account Manager (Public Affairs & Policy)
Working For: Portland Communications
Salary: Competitive salary
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We think our people are the best in the business. Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies.
- Are you passionate about politics and how policy gets made?
- Do you have what it takes to help both major global businesses and challenger brands tell their stories in new and creative ways to political and media audiences alike?
- Do you enjoy the idea of coming up with exciting campaigns?
- Are you an excellent project manager with the ability to motivate teams to work together and achieve their best?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
- Helping to devise and deliver proactive and reactive political engagement strategies and campaigns
- Drafting a range of materials from online articles and copy to briefings and policy analysis
- Coordinating, managing and undertaking political monitoring and political engagement
- Organising and coordinating set piece events and running campaigns
- Managing multi-disciplinary client teams
- Supporting new business proposals and pitches
- Ensuring the successful day to day delivery of communications strategies and tactical plans
- Building a relevant network
- Supporting the growth of the business through marketing activity
You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven with an excellent understanding of the political and public affairs landscape
You must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Ideally, you will have at least three to four years’ experience, gained either in-house or within an agency
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
Closing Date: 28 November 2018
Interview and Start Date ASAP
Please note we may appoint before the closing date.
To apply for this role please click on the link below and click on 'Apply' in the top right-hand corner