Date Added: 2 October 2018
: 18 October 2018
Job Title: Campaigns Manager
Working For: MHA
Join our new team to make a real impact on the lives of older people across the UK.
The role is within the recently created External Affairs function at MHA, one of the largest charity providers of care, accommodation and support services to older people throughout Britain for more than 75 years. You will be expected to split your time between London and the head office in Derby.
This is a critical role in a new team and there is an opportunity to have a real impact. The post holder will lead national campaigns that drive changes to improve the lives of older people. This will be achieved by leading a cross-organisational effort to galvanize supporters into action, both online and offline, driving through policy changes and representing the views of older people.
You will have knowledge of the public and political landscape and empathy for the rights and aspirations of older people and you will have developed and delivered compelling digital campaigns to recruit and retain supporters, using a wide range of social media.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate campaigning activity nationally and locally.
- Represent MHA in meetings with Government Officials, politicians and sector representatives
- Lead on using e-campaigning software to maximise the number people taking part in online campaign actions
- Developing and supporting local campaigns run by local MHA schemes.
- Producing campaigning copy in support of our activities.
- Demonstrable interest in campaigning
- Experience of leading or being part of a successful campaign
- Aptitude for producing online and offline communications, campaigning material and briefings
- Aptitude for e-campaigning activity
- Highly articulate with excellent literacy skills
- A minimum of two years paid experience of working in a role involving substantial campaigning or lobbying activity
- Degree level education
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role please call 0773 843 5059.
Closing Date: 18 October 2018
Interviews to be held week of 22nd October 2018.
For more information about the role please review the Job Description using the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/10YFzsvXs-GgnAZt4zcOAf2BKIunRdK4LefoRWU1Slko/edit?usp=sharing
Please submit your CV and cover letter using the online system: https://ce0136li.webitrent.com/ce0136li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=8618583PKc&WVID=767623001H&LANG=USA