Date Added: 1 October 2018
: 12 October 2018
Job Title: Employed Intern (4 days a week)
Working For: Boris Johnson MP (Uxbridge and South Ruislip)
Salary: London living wage - £10.20 per hour
Boris Johnson MP (Uxbridge and South Ruislip) is looking for an Intern to assist in his busy Westminster office for up to three months.
The Internship provides an opportunity for a highly enthusiastic person with an interest in politics to gain valuable experience in Westminster and develop administrative, research and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be fully supported by Boris' team throughout their internship. The placement will provide a broad and balanced foundation in the workings of an MP’s office. This is a varied role and would suit someone looking to make the jump from experienced Intern to Parliamentary Assistant through assisting with the following duties:
- Draft high quality constituency and parliamentary correspondence
- Ad-hoc Research and requests
- Various administrative tasks including opening post, scanning and data entry
- Organising constituent visits and tours
- Answering telephone calls in a friendly and courteous manner
- Assisting with diary management
- Media monitoring and social media
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have good IT and Social Media skills and be proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Be highly organised and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to work enthusiastically and cooperatively as part of a small and dedicated team
- Able to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to prioritise and work to time under pressure
- Educated to degree level
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 October 2018
Interviews from 5th October. Start Date ASAP.
We may appoint a successful candidate before the closing date.
Please send a CV and one page covering letter by email to email@example.com detailing why you would like to be considered for this internship and your suitability for the placement.
Please quote: “Your name – Internship Application ” in the Subject line.