Date Added: 1 October 2018
: 20 October 2018
Job Title: Communications Officer/Caseworker
Working For: Margaret Greenwood MP (Wirral West)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales - £19,641 - £28,378
Margaret Greenwood MP is looking for a Communications Officer/Caseworker to join her busy constituency office.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and conscientious individual with excellent written and verbal communications skills, a high level of literacy and attention to detail, experience of problem-solving and a good understanding of the current political situation, including a commitment to Labour values.
- Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Deal with standard queries from members of the public
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Draft responses to constituents
- Manage the MP's social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Prepare media briefings
- Pro-active and re-active communications with all media
- Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on Facebook and Twitter
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to handle challenging situations
- Ability to work unsupervised, but as part of the team
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and social media
- Ability to prioritise heavy workload in a busy environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to liaise effectively with Members of Parliament, constituents, external organisations and local media
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 October 2018
Interviews will be held on Friday 9 November 2018 in Wirral.
Applicants should email a covering letter (of no more than one side of A4) along with their CV to email@example.com