Date Added: 3 October 2018
: 11 October 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant and Researcher (Full Time)
Working For: Wera Hobhouse MP (Bath)
Salary: £24,250 (in line with IPSA payscales)
Wera Hobhouse MP is seeking a full time Parliamentary Assistant / Researcher to assist with her parliamentary work in Westminster. You will support her in work as Lib Dem spokesperson for Housing, Communities and Local Government, her work on the Brexit Select Committee and with other campaigns as they arise.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Wera is accurately informed on key issues
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc
• Diary Management (Westminster)
• Ensure Wera is fully briefed for questions and debates in the house, and speeches drafted
• Monitor media coverage and brief accordingly
• Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, debates etc.
• Project Work
• Provide generalist administrative support
• A good working knowledge of politics, parliament and current affairs
• Excellent research and writing skills, reflecting good attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work well in a small team as well as autonomously
• Strong organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to work efficiently to tight deadlines
• The ability to take the initiative and prioritise workload under pressure
• A commitment to the values of the Liberal Democrats
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 October 2018
Interviews: Interviews will take place on Tuesday 16th October 2018 in Westminster.
Start Date will ideally be Monday 22nd October
To apply for this post please email a CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com