Date Added: 3 October 2018
: 15 October 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant (part-time)
Working For: Richard Burden MP (Birmingham, Northfield)
Salary: £23,750 FTE (pro-rata)
Richard Burden MP is looking for a part-time Parliamentary Assistant to support the work of his office.
The successful applicant will work with the senior Parliamentary Assistant to support Richard Burden’s parliamentary activities. This is a part time position with hours to be agreed, though the successful candidate would need to be available to work a minimum of 3 days per week.
The role will include:
• Dealing with correspondence from constituents (including drafting and sending letters)
• Carrying out research to prepare briefings, articles and speeches
• Assist in running two active APPGs
• Producing content for Richard’s website/social media/newsletter
• General office administration
We will be looking for the following qualities in applicants:
• Excellent written and personal communication skills
• Strong research ability and organisational skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Ability to work independently and part of a team
• A demonstrable understanding of or experience on Middle East issues and international development and/or industry policy are desirable but not essential
• Previous experience of working in Parliament would be desirable
A fuller job description and person specification is available here: http://richardburden.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Parliamentary-Assistant-to-Richard-Burden-MP.pdf
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 October 2018
Closing time: 10am
Interview dates: Interviews will take place in Westminster in the week commencing 22nd October. Interview candidates may also be required to undertake a written exercise.
To apply please send a CV and 1-page cover letter to Peter Malynn - firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact email@example.com or 0207 219 2318.
Due to the large volume of applications we are expecting to receive, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted for interview.