Date Added: 3 October 2018
: 19 October 2018
Job Title: Account Executive/ Senior Account Executive – Local
Working For: Newington Communications
Salary: £22,000 - £30,000 annual salary dependent on experience
About the role:
Due to extensive growth and new business wins we are currently recruiting for new Account Executives/Senior Account Executives to join Newington’s Local Public Affairs division. The Local division provides political and public affairs support to clients on a local and regional level.
The right candidate will join a team focussing on local government, strategic communications and grassroots campaigning. You will work with a range of exciting clients, from charities to FTSE 100 companies, across sectors including planning, transport and energy. We are looking for exceptional candidates who have the right attitude, determination and above all a passion for political communications. Please note, we may appoint before the closing date and early applications are encouraged.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be graduate level or equivalent;
- Possess a professional eye for detail;
- Have strong written skills;
- Have some agency or in-house experience in a previous public affairs or communications role;
- Have a demonstrable knowledge of and enthusiasm for business, campaigns and politics;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- Have some experience with digital and social media;
- Have excellent research and organisational skills;
- Work well as part of a dynamic team;
- A history of political activism whilst not essential would be preferable.
The role will involve:
- Producing monitoring reports for clients;
- Research and analysis;
- Attending client meetings;
- Engaging with stakeholders;
- Organising events;
- Supporting the team on multiple client accounts;
- Pro-actively identifying potential new business opportunities and contributing to new business research;
- Demonstrating well-grounded political knowledge in specific areas which are of relevance to the client accounts you work on;
- Producing concise and high quality written briefings and reports.
Closing Date: 19 October 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview at Newington’s HQ in London. You may be required to complete a short written task.
Newington reserves the right to interview and appoint candidates prior to the closing date so please do not delay in submitting your application.
Please submit a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the role's requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be dealt with according to the agency’s equal opportunity policy.