Date Added: 4 October 2018
: 12 October 2018
Job Title: Advocacy Manager (12mth FTC)
Working For: a client of Michael Page
Salary: £39,000 (12mth FTC)
This post will co-ordinate and play a leading role in our client’s advocacy. The post holder will work with all relevant staff to ensure that the organisation is effective in their advocacy with key targets in parliament, government and among political alliances.
• Have overall responsibility for developing and delivering advocacy strategy
• Oversee the planning and delivery of Client’s new and ambitious parliamentary engagement programme
• Develop and lead advocacy strategies for campaigns;
• Lead and co-ordinate our parliamentary lobbying, representing our client externally with MPs and other targets, working closely with the Head of Campaigns who will hold relationships with a small number of senior parliamentarians;
• Lead and co-ordinate our lobbying targets in government departments;
• Line manage the Senior Parliamentary Officer and their work;
• Develop strong relationships and alliances with other organisations with similar interests, and lead in implementing shared plans;
• Provide regular updates and analysis of our advocacy work to all relevant staff, as well as allies and funders where appropriate;
• Experience of working in an influencing capacity with a proven track record of achieving strategic goals;
• Experience of successfully engaging in parliamentary lobbying and policy advocacy, with a good understanding of how these activities work with other influencing tactics, such as media engagement and popular mobilisation;
• Experience of nurturing strategic stakeholder relationships and developing coordinated action to create agreed change;
• Experience of representing an organisation and its agreed positions to a range of external audiences at a senior level;
• Excellent oral and written communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation;
• A good knowledge of the structures, processes and key institutions in the UK’s asylum system and an insight into the experiences of refugees and people the ability to work with people from a range of different cultures (Desirable)
For more info: https://www.michaelpage.co.uk/job-detail/advocacy-manager-12mth-ftc/ref/13958258?
Closing Date: 12 October 2018
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis (as and when suitbale candidates are identified). Start date will be dependent on notice periods but the client is ideally looking for someone to start immediately.
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info:https://www.michaelpage.co.uk/job-detail/advocacy-manager-12mth-ftc/ref/13958258?