Date Added: 6 October 2018
: 19 October 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant (6 month contract with potential to extend)
Working For: Rachel Reeves MP (Leeds West)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Rachel Reeves MP, Chair of the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Select Committee, is looking to recruit a Parliamentary Assistant to provide administrative support and executive assistance in her busy Westminster office.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills. They must be able to prioritise and task manage with minimal supervision and be proficient in all aspects of IT and communications.
Occasional travel to Leeds with Rachel will be required.
- Strategic planning and daily management of Rachel’s busy diary.
- Handle and manage email and telephone enquiries, including from local and national media.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications and other documents.
- Respond effectively to enquiries from both constituents and organisations on policy issues.
- Liaise with constituency office staff to ensure strong links between Leeds West and Westminster.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including BEIS Select Committee clerks.
- Generate social media content to promote Rachel’s work to constituents.
- Monitor parliamentary activity: legislation, motions, debates and questions.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to take the initiative and prioritise workload under pressure, while ensuring routine tasks are expedited.
- Excellent rapid research and writing skills, reflecting good attention to detail.
- A good working knowledge of politics and parliament.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Confidence and the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders.
- Support for the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 October 2018
Interviews will take place on the 23rd and 24th October.
Please apply by emailing your CV (maximum two pages) and a covering letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regrettably, it will not be possible to respond to each applicant – if you have not heard back by 6pm on 22/10/18 you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
For further information contact: 0207-219-2898