Date Added: 6 October 2018
: 15 October 2018
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Daniel Johnson MSP (Edinburgh Southern)
Salary: £23,233-£30-036 per annum
Daniel Johnson MSP is seeking a Researcher to join his busy team in the Scottish Parliament.
This is a permanent full-time role. The successful candidate would be expected to work across the Scottish Parliament and the local office in Morningside, Edinburgh. The typical working pattern would be in Parliament on parliamentary business days, and Morningside on Mondays, Fridays and during recess.
The role will cover the following key responsibilities:
- Research and preparation of parliamentary and other speeches
- Policy research including supporting Daniel in his role on Justice Committee
- Research and administrative support for Daniel’s member’s bill on the protection of workers
- Dealing with national and local press to effectively communicate Daniel’s message to a wide audience
- Analysis of statistics
- Effective administration of the Parliamentary office, including dealing with incoming emails, deadlines and diaries, and actively participating in some Parliamentary meetings
- Assisting the other office staff in fulfilling their roles, specifically casework and constituency campaigns, especially during Parliamentary recesses
- Outstanding research skills including:
- Analysis of data and statistics
- Analysis of written reports
- Ability to quickly and concisely communicate trends and analysis
- A strong understanding of Scottish Politics, and how new research and analysis would be relevant and important
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as individually, to deliver against tight deadlines
- Understanding and knowledge of how to communicate with the press
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to manage your own work, while managing the administration of the parliamentary office.
Closing Date: 15 October 2018
The closing time is 5pm Interviews will take place later that week.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the closing date.