Date Added: 6 October 2018
: 12 October 2018
Job Title: UK MENA project consultant
Working For: Reporters Without Borders
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reporters Without Borders - known internationally as Reporters sans frontières (RSF) - is an independent NGO working internationally to promote and defend freedom of the press. RSF UK is seeking a full-time consultant to coordinate RSF’s activities within the co-creation phase of a consortium project focussed on Lebanon, Libya, and Egypt.
Location: London, with some international travel
Contract: Full time over nine months, with the possibility of renewal for up to three years, contingent upon funding
- Manage and implement all of RSF’s activities within the consortium project in line with RSF’s Paris headquarters, including coordination with RSF’s Tunis bureau and RSF correspondents and partners in Lebanon, Libya, and Egypt.
- Design mechanisms for the implementation of all of RSF’s project activities, and develop these into a methodology applicable to a full three-year project period.
- Organise and take part in assessment missions and partner meetings in the project countries and possibly additional international locations.
- Regularly monitor and report on press freedom and related developments within the project countries.
- Advise on RSF’s advocacy strategy with regard to the project countries, and coordinate relevant advocacy events and other activities in the UK and internationally.
- Lead on all project financial, narrative, and administrative reporting.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study required.
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field of study desirable.
- A minimum of five years of experience in NGO project implementation required. Geographical focus on the MENA region, and thematic focus on media, press freedom, and/or broader human rights desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent research skills are required.
- Fluent English is essential.
- Fluent Arabic is essential.
- Knowledge of the French language is desirable.
- The ability to travel to the project countries is essential.
- Personal commitment to RSF’s mission is expected.
Closing Date: 12 October 2018
Interviews will take place on 18 October.
Start date: November 2018
Applicants should send a CV, covering letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org