Date Added: 5 October 2018
: 29 October 2018
Job Title: Data Lead
Working For: New Philanthropy Capital
We are recruiting a Data Lead to join our busy and dynamic team. The role will be based in the Research and Consulting team, with 2 days a week working in NPC’s Innovation and Development team.
The role is to lead NPC’s work on data – an exciting opportunity if you are passionate about data and the way it can support social change. We're looking for a creative and ambitious person, who likes taking the initiative and driving things forward, encompassing thought leadership and innovation as well as consultancy and business development. The role’s scope includes all data used by charities in their service delivery, research, evaluation and policy advocacy, including administrative data and data on needs.
With support from senior NPC colleagues, the Data Lead will develop new thinking, new approaches and deliver data analysis to drive innovation across the charity sector. We are flexible about exactly how the role is shaped.
- You will lead NPC’s data strategy on both consultancy and innovation, and provide thought leadership on data and innovative ways in which data can improve the sector’s effectiveness.
- You will lead on developing new data consultancy opportunities and innovation projects, with support from the Head of Measurement and Evaluation, and the Director of Innovation and Development.
- You will champion the ongoing development and take up of NPC’s impact data labs, and seek funding to develop this programme of work.
- You will conduct data analysis within projects, act as an expert adviser to others and support the development of data skills across NPC, as well as actively promote the use of data through external writing and speaking.
Please visit our website for the key skills and competencies required. (job reference D01)
Closing Date: 29 October 2018
The deadline is 12 noon. First round interviews are scheduled for week commencing 5th November 2018, second round interviews are scheduled for week commencing 19th November 2018.
To apply, please send:
- a cover letter providing your evidence of meeting the key skills and competencies noted on our website and in the job description
- your CV
- a completed equal opportunities form (found on our website)
. Please include the job reference in the subject of your email along with where you saw the job advertisement. Your cover letter will be used in the initial screening of your application.