Date Added: 6 October 2018
: 26 October 2018
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Graham Stuart MP (Beverley and Holderness)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Senior caseworker required to work full-time in the Westminster office. The successful applicant will have a proven record in advising on, and resolving, constituents' issues, liasing with third parties on their behalf, and managing a team. Dynamic press release writing skills are essential, together with the ability to run projects. The main duties are:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends.
- Attend Surgeries and meetings.
- Ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters.
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare news releases as required (on constituency, non-party-political matters).
- Project management.
- Provide briefings for the Member.
- Research local, regional or national issues to support Member's work.
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups.
- Supervise other members of staff.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 October 2018
Early applications are encouraged, as the Office Manager will interview and appoint as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
Please apply by email to Niki Roberts, the Office Manager, attaching a CV and including a covering message to let Niki know why you feel you are suitable to take on this challenging role. Niki's email address is email@example.com