Date Added: 6 October 2018
: 22 October 2018
Job Title: Account Executive
Working For: Instinctif Partners
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
The Account Executive will help our Public Policy team advise clients on how politics might affect their business and operations, and how they can affect public policy issues – whether through engaging with Westminster and Whitehall, the media, or local communities and councils – the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work on a range of different projects.
The successful candidate should have:
- 1 year's previous experience of working for an MP, in a consultancy, or an in-house role involving press and/or stakeholder outreach
- Strong research and policy analysis abilities.
- Excellent writing skills.
- An understanding of the political system, at a national and local level.
- An appreciation of different influencers and perspectives in the media.
- An ability to apply this understanding of the political and media environment to how this could affect the operations and reputations of organisations and companies.
- Some experience of stakeholder engagement or campaigning within communities.
- Some experience of engaging with journalists, including drafting press releases or comment for media outlets at a local, national or trade publication level.
- An attention to detail.
- An ability to work flexibly.
The role will entail:
- Undertaking research and analysis on a range of national and local public policy issues and situations.
- Playing a role in developing strategies and tactics to allow clients to clearly and successfully articulate their voice, whether that is with national or local level stakeholders
- Drafting materials, such as issue briefings or policy statements in a succinct, but compelling way.
- Drafting releases, statements and stories for the media on matters of political and public policy interest.
- Engaging with journalists on a regular basis, including pitching ideas, stories and perspectives.
- Devising, organising and attending stakeholder engagement events, whether with local communities or supporting national political engagement.
- Attending stakeholder meetings with clients, including with politicians, stakeholders and local communities.
- Conducting public consultation, including community outreach engagement.
- The successful candidate will be working on clients across the economy.
- The role may involve infrequent travel if working on a local project.
Closing Date: 22 October 2018
We are looking to interview immediately with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should submitt their CV and a covering letter via the advert on our corporate website - this can be found via https://instinctif.com/vacancies/account-executive-public-policy/
Please note that we receive a significant number of job applications on a daily basis. While we would love to get in touch with all applicants, if you have not heard from us within a fortnight, unfortunately your application has not been progressed to the next stage.