Date Added: 6 October 2018
: 19 October 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: David Rutley (Macclesfield)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
David is looking to appoint a Parliamentary Assistant to join his small team in Westminster. Candidates wishing to undertake the role on either a full or part time basis would be considered.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and a strong team player, with excellent attention to detail and experience of working in Parliament.
- Previous Parliamentary experience
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong social media and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong pro active work ethic
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Managing David's website, Facebook, Twitter and other social media activity
- Managing communication, engagement projects and local campaigns
- Responding to correspondence
- Assisting with diary management
- Providing administrative support to the Chief of Staff
- Ad-hoc research
- Arranging tours of Parliament and PMQ tickets for constituents
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 October 2018
Interview date to be confirmed.
Interviews may begin prior to the closing date.
For the right candidate, the start date is flexible but we would like the position to be filled as soon as possible.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a one page covering letter, outlining their suitability for the role and relevant experience, to David's Chief of Staff, Lynda Fryer firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted for interview.