Date Added: 9 October 2018
: 12 October 2018
Job Title: Policy Manager – Regulation and Commercial Contracts
Working For: Rail Delivery Group
We are currently seeking a Policy Manager for Regulation and Contracts who will be required to identify strategic issues and facilitate the development of RDG policy positions and related action plans. The prime focus of this role is leading RDG’s expertise in regulation and commercial contracts within the industry reform portfolio. The post requires significant interaction with senior representatives from across RDG’s member organisations.
The role requires authoritative and confident interaction with senior leaders from across RDG, the Office of Rail and Road, governments and industry stakeholders.
Therefore, we are looking for a seasoned professionally qualified, disciplined and passionate individual with proven experience in policy making that can help draft, develop and deliver the policy positions of RDG.
The ideal person will be:
Professionally qualified with a relevant degree/postgraduate qualification, broad demonstrable experience in business consultancy/analysis or public policy, ideally in the rail or wider transport sector. Substantial vocational and relevant experience demonstrating capability in business consultancy/analysis or public policy, ideally in the rail or transport sector, and success in similar or related roles, supported by evidence of significant appropriate specialist knowledge.
It is essential you are able to demonstrate experience or competence of:
- Experience in dealing with regulatory, commercial/contractual issues.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of rail and transport policy issues at UK and (where relevant) EU levels
- Experience and good understanding of UK and/or EU policy-making institutions
- Ability to structure, substantiate and draft compelling policy positions.
- Problem solving combined with strong analytical faculty
- Great inter-personal and relationship building skills with external contacts and internal colleagues.
- PC literacy (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel to an advanced standard)
- Excellent level of numeracy, with confidence to use, interpret and analyse data and information in the development of policy positions
- Experience of managing and developing people and resources to deliver a programme of and business priorities to time and to a high standard
- Sophisticated communication skills - verbal and written
Closing Date: 12 October 2018
If you believe you have the qualities, skills and experience we are seeking, please forward a covering letter, CV and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org A full job description is available on request.