Date Added: 9 October 2018
: 29 October 2018
Job Title: Policy and External Affairs Executive
Working For: Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors
Salary: circa £30,000
The Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors is recruiting a new Policy and External Affairs Executive to join our busy policy team. The role is based primarily at the Institute’s policy office in Westminster, but with frequent visits to the Institute’s head office in Clapham.
Our new Policy and External Affairs Executive will play an important role within the policy team. The job will entail leading and managing policy research projects, drafting responses to government and regulator consultations, writing policy briefings and reports, designing member surveys, writing speeches for our Chief Executive and President, as well as meeting with and engaging our external stakeholders. The post-holder will be reporting to and working very closely day to day with the Head of Policy & External Affairs, as well as working closely with other senior colleagues, including our Chief Executive.
This is an exciting time to join the team at the Chartered IIA and a fantastic opportunity to make a positive impact, as we begin to further raise our profile and influence in the corporate governance arena.
Essential experience & knowledge
- Educated to degree level
- Previous relevant experience, ideally in a public policy / external affairs role
- Good knowledge of the government, regulatory and policy-making environment and processes
- Experience of running and managing policy and/or research projects
- The ability to demonstrate strategic and analytical thinking skills
- High standard of attention to detail
- IT skills (MS Office, desktop publishing) - ideally at least intermediate in Excel
- Experience of contact database management
Desirable experience & knowledge
- Knowledge of the internal audit profession / corporate governance
- Knowledge/experience of writing and overseeing the production of public policy communications collateral
- Knowledge/experience of devising and coordinating public policy events / meetings
- Speech-writing skills would also be helpful
Key skills & personal qualities
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple work streams/projects
- Exemplary writing skills
- Can communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to maintain and develop effective business relationships both externally and internally
- Assimilates information quickly and accurately
Closing Date: 29 October 2018
Interviews scheduled to take place w/c Monday 5 November. However, we will run this as a rolling recruitment process and reserve the right to hire someone sooner should a strong candidate be identified. We're looking for someone to start ASAP depending on any existing contractual obligations.
In the first instance all candidates should request the full job description and person specification by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates should then apply by sending a cover letter (no more than two sides of A4) that addresses the person specification along with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
If you have not heard back from us within two weeks of the deadline for applications please assume you have been unsuccessful. We kindly ask for no unsolicited applications or enquiries from agencies.