Date Added: 13 October 2018
: 7 November 2018
Job Title: Programme Intern
Working For: Unlocked Graduates
Unlocked Graduates is a new organisation that offers top graduates and career changers a ground-breaking opportunity to work in prisons as officers for two years. During this time, participants will focus on breaking cycles of re-offending and giving second chances to those inside, alongside completing a rigorous leadership development training programme. The skills they learn will propel them into leadership roles in a range of sectors when they complete the scheme. Unlocked Graduates wants to see a country where prisons successfully rehabilitate, and reoffending rates are significantly lower.
Interns are an invaluable part of our team and work across all areas, undertaking a range of tasks and responsibilities. The successful candidate for this role will work closely with the Programme team to plan, deliver and evaluate programme events, gaining broad experience in event coordination and project management, as well as a specific insight into the training required to become an exceptional prison officer.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Sourcing appropriate training venues, accommodation and catering
- Working within a budget and sourcing good value for money
- Coordinating sourcing, delivery and organisation of resources and training materials
- Relationship management with guest speakers and external organisations
- Being a key point of contact for participants and guests, anticipating and answering queries
- Drafting communications to participants
- Designing internal documents (E.G. guidance, FAQs, itineraries) to support trainers and Head Office staff
- Coordinating RSVPs and post-event survey responses
You must be passionate about Unlocked’s mission and values, and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Organised – able to prioritise and manage your time effectively
- Able to build productive working relationships with key contacts and suppliers
- Attention to detail – able to complete both written and data-related tasks with precision, ensuring accuracy and coherence across all of your work
- Keen desire to create a quality training experience
- Excellent team work within and across teams
- Flexible and eager to get stuck in
- Computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good written communication skills
For the full job description and person specification, please visit our website.
Closing Date: 7 November 2018
Interviews will take place the W/C 12th November.
Please state clearly in your application any limits on your availability to interview.
1st February 2019
8 months (until 30 September 2019)
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal and confidential discussion about the role or about the process please contact Rebecca Moss using the contact details below: