Date Added: 18 October 2018
: 5 November 2018
Job Title: Part time caseworker
Working For: Sandy Martin MP (Ipswich)
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 pro rate, depending on experience
Part time (2 or 3 days a week) Caseworker needed to manage home office and policing case work and assist in a busy MP’s constituency office.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities
- Needs to have a least one years’ experience of dealing with the home office and immigration case work
- Ideally will have two years’ experience of a wide range of case work for an MP
- Must have good time management skills
- Ability to handle difficult and challenging situations
- Attention to detail
- Understand the need for confidentiality and data protection
- Ability to work as an advocate
- Ability to use IT and IT packages including Microsoft office and CaseworkerMP (or the ability with the later to learn it quickly.)
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Hold Labour party values and preferably be a member
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 November 2018
Closing time and is noon.
Interviews will take place in Ipswich on 15th and 16th November. Short listing interviews on the 15th and final interviews on the 16th
Start date is as soon as possible after all checks are successfully carried out.
Please submit a two-page CV and a covering letter stating why you want this job, (no more than one side of A4 please). Details need to include salaries, hours, duties, reasons for leaving (if applicable) and the names and contact details of two referees.
If you have not heard from Sandy by 8th November, please accept that you have not been selected for interview.
Please send completed applications by email to Sandy's Office Manager: Maggie Barradell firstname.lastname@example.org
We are sorry the office is in a listed building and there is no lift access.