Date Added: 5 November 2018
: 26 November 2018
Job Title: Constituency Support Manager (Full or Part time)
Working For: Fiona Onasanya MP (Peterborough)
Salary: £23,938 - £35,465
Length of Contract:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the budget, keeping the Member informed of all relevant financial matters
- Ensure a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support
- Manage the office team, ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary
- Manage secretarial support to special interest groups as required
- Ensure the office is fully equipped
- Overall management of the Member’s diary commitments, delegating tasks to others as appropriate
- Liaise with groups/personnel at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the Member’s behalf as necessary
- Experience of working effectively within a small office environment, managing people, ideally, but not essentially in a “political” environment
- Experience of casework systems and management
- Experience of managing budgets and using appropriate online accounting systems
- Experience of working with a wide range of people with complex demands
- Good administration and communication skills
- Experience of working with/using Social Media (not essential)
- Available to work some evenings / weekends
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Support for the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 November 2018
Start date: As soon as possible following security and reference checks.
Application closing time is 12 noon.
Please email a cover letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with APPLICATION in the subject line.