Date Added: 9 November 2018
: 23 November 2018
Job Title: Conference Producer
Working For: Westminster Insight
Salary: £21,000 - £28,000 dependent on experience
Reporting to: Product Manager
- The main purpose of the role is to research and develop around 16-20 viable events (chiefly one day conferences, half day forums, and half day workshops) for delegates across public, private, and voluntary sectors.
- In addition to researching and producing viable events, you will develop marketing and sponsorship plans, in conjunction with the relevant executives, and oversee the speaker’s budget. The role also involves actively seeking new and viable conference ideas, and partnership/ sponsorship opportunities.
• Project management from inception to programme sign off, and delivery of key targets/ deadlines for each conference / event.
• Design and writing of the conference / event programme from start to finish.
• Thorough research, undertaken through the completion of a conference brief.
• Research, selection of and liaison with senior-level speakers, to ensure the most appropriate and appealing line up of speakers on events.
• Writing copy for marketing materials and website.
• Close collaboration with marketing, sponsorship sales, and logistics teams to ensure commercial success
• Communicating key conference / event updates to the wider team and senior management
• On-going industry research to identify key trends, competitor events, new topics and alternative revenue streams.
• Working to strict deadlines and working in cycles, juggling projects.
• To liaise with speakers in the lead up to events, ensuring that programmes remain intact.
• Acting as main contact for speakers on the day of the conference.
• Dealing with speakers post event, and ensuring all their details are up to date on the database.
Previous Experience and Knowledge:
• Conference production experience.
• Excellent research skills and proof of experience.
• Working to tight deadlines.
• Experience of using negotiating and influencing skills.
• Experience of writing copy.
• A good understanding of/ experience of the public sector and issues.
• Customer services experience.
• Experience of project management.
• A good level of IT competence.
Closing Date: 23 November 2018
12th,13th, 19th, 20th, 26th, 27th November
Send CV to jobs@WestminsterInsight.com