Date Added: 9 November 2018
: 16 November 2018
Job Title: Policy Adviser
Working For: John Howarth MEP
Salary: Grade 7 APA scale
• Policy lead on certain areas of the EP Budgets and Regional Development Committees in coordination with the Political Adviser/Head of Office and on international delegation matters as they arise (CARIFORUM & FYR Macedonia).
• Research, and meeting with a wide range of stakeholders, in order to inform the MEP’s thinking in relation to these policy areas
• To accompany the MEP as necessary on Parliamentary and related duties, including working at the Strasbourg Plenary sessions as planned.
• Preparing briefings, drafting amendments, preparing speaking notes, analysing political positions ahead of key votes
• Tracking and advising on aspects of UK politics, in particular NGO affairs and preparing briefings on EU matters
• Delivery and oversight of other office administration conducted by the team including such functions as maintaining emails accounts, diary and other similar task, organising visitors’ groups etc.
• To take on such other duties as become necessary due to the changing political situation between the UK and the EU27 during the remainder of the MEP’s mandate.
Closing Date: 16 November 2018
Interviews will take place in Brussels on 22 Nov.Shortlisted candidates will be invited on 19 Nov.Contract from 1 Jan-31 Mar 2019.This is a time-limited contract commensurate with the remainder of UK MEP mandates.Applicants MUST be available for interview on 22 Nov + able to start work from 1 Jan.
To apply please email email@example.com
with ‘[your name] Political Adviser application’ in the subject line, and attach:
• An up-to-date CV (maximum two sides of A4)
• A covering letter (maximum one side of A4) explaining how you fit the role