Date Added: 9 November 2018
: 30 November 2018
Job Title: Intern, External Affairs
Working For: UK Finance
Charity Number: NA
Salary: £18,600 per annum plus daily travel expenses
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to support our Government & Regulatory Affairs team. The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• An interest in UK politics and policy.
• Strong personal time-management and organisation skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Accuracy and close attention to detail.
• Good research capabilities.
• Good writing and verbal-communication skills.
• An ability to operate effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
This is an ideal opportunity for a bright individual with an interest in financial services who is looking to break into the world of public affairs. The internship is for three months and is paid at the London Living Wage.
Duties and responsibilities
• Monitor, and draft summaries of, relevant parliamentary sessions, including select committees and debates in both the Commons and the Lords.
• Support colleagues across the organisation in their work through providing background information, biographies, online research of documents and papers in relation to UK public officials, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders.
• Support the planning of parliamentary events and engagement activity.
• Review publications, copy writing and editing.
• Undertake administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and competencies
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• A basic knowledge of the major social-media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
• An interest in the financial-services industry.
• An ability to multitask, handling a number of projects and deadlines concurrently.
• Enthusiastic can-do attitude.
Closing Date: 30 November 2018
Urgent requirement. ASAP start
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org