Date Added: 19 November 2018
: 6 December 2018
Job Title: Part Time Caseworker
Working For: Adam Holloway MP (Gravesham)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales - pro rata for 25.5hrs a week
Adam Holloway MP is seeking a part-time caseworker to be based in his Westminster office.
- Responding to queries from constituents on general policy queries and constituency casework issues
- Providing constituents with information, advice and support over the telephone and in writing
- Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary groups and local businesses
- Accompanying Adam in the constituency and at other meetings as appropriate
- Recording records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Carrying out such other duties as may be required to support the efficient running of Adam’s office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a good telephone manner and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of caseload
- Well organised with an ability to prioritise workload and work efficiently under pressure
- A team player with a good sense of humour is vital in our hard working, happy office
- The office primarily deals with constituency casework and the role might not be suitable for candidates with their own political ambitions – we are not looking for a Tory boy/girl.
- A genuine interest in helping the constituents is essential.
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 December 2018
Interviews w/c 10th December. Start date early January 2019. We may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is found.
Please send a CV and one page cover letter to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a written test prior to interview.