Date Added: 14 December 2018
: 12 February 2019
Job Title: Intern – Local Campaigns - REMOVED
Working For: Portland PR
Salary: £20,000 per year pro-rata, equivalent to £76.92 per day
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
- This role is within the Portland Local unit, our specialist, full-service local engagement unit.
- From running major public consultation programmes around some of the UK’s biggest infrastructure projects to mapping the local impact of government policy, Portland Local enable clients to understand and communicate with local influencers and decision makers.
- Our consultants have a passion for politics, grassroots campaigning and a keen understanding of the crucial role played by local stakeholders.
- The intern will support the Local team in all aspects of our day to day work.
- Monitoring and providing analysis of local and central government proceedings;
- Assisting with the production of political audits of local authority areas, helping clients to understand the local policy environment;
- On the ground local campaigning activity, including local canvassing;
- Assisting with media sell-ins on behalf of clients with local and national press;
- Preparing draft political and stakeholder briefs for clients;
- Assisting with the production of detailed research documents;
- Assisting with event organisation and planning;
Qualifications and skills:
- You must have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:2).
- Preference may be given to candidates who have at least a 2:1 degree or relevant research experience. Previous experience of public affairs research or a post graduate qualification in a relevant subject area would be an advantage; and
- Candidates with demonstrable experience of campaigning will be at an advantage, whether gained in a political party or NGO environment.
What we offer in return
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
Closing Date: 12 February 2019
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
31/01 - This advert has been marked Removed at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.