Date Added: 19 December 2018
: 12 February 2019
Job Title: Head of Events
Working For: Prospect Magazine
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000
Based at our St James’ Park office, the Head of Events has responsibility for oversight and delivery of Prospects’ events programme.
This is a cross-departmental role supporting the delivery of events for both the publishing and editorial teams.
• Management and delivery of all Prospect Events including;
- Party Conferences
- Reader / Subscriber Events
- Editorial Events
• Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
• Provision of logistical requirements for delivery of events including staffing and all relevant briefing materials
• Liaising with prospective and confirmed invitees
• Sourcing and provision of relevant invitees to events including Parliamentarians
• Acting as the lead contact and liaising directly with all sponsors and provide updates on progress of delivery
• Attendance at events - sponsored and ticketed
• Attendance at meetings with clients and partners where required
• Managing supplier relationships for the delivery of events
• Providing up to date information on progress and delivery to the Commercial Director and sales team
• Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
• Provide support and develop good relationships with the commercial and editorial teams
• Line management and support of Events Assistant including provision of development plan
• Liaising with Editorial for provision of outputs
• Ability to work as an individual contributor, take initiative and problem-solve.
• Ability to recognise potential conflicts and acknowledge where guidance is required / necessary.
• Ability to make recommendations and drive actions under own initiative, taking the lead in prioritising multiple requirements.
• Solutions driven.
• Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision.
• Excellent ability to quickly build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills
The role also includes a commission and bonus scheme.
Closing Date: 12 February 2019
Interviews to begin immediately and the role may be filled before the closing date.
Please email CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be responded to and successful one's will be invited to interview.
Please also include a covering letter detailing why you would like the role and what relevant experience you have.