Spring 2019 Internship Programme
The Institute for Government is inviting applications for our spring 2019 internship programme starting in April 2019.
Who we are
The Institute for Government is the UK's leading independent think tank promoting more effective government. We work with all the main political parties and with senior civil servants, providing fresh thinking through research, events and leadership development.
What we are looking for
We are looking to take on a number of interns in April 2019. The precise nature of internships will vary, but past interns have found themselves carrying out literature reviews, conducting interviews with MPs and civil servants, organising events, undertaking data collection and analysis, presenting research findings to colleagues, writing blogs and contributing to published reports. Interns are also required to help with some administrative tasks.
Applicants should be confident and reliable graduates with:
• an excellent academic record, including a degree/predicted grade of 2:1 or above, or international equivalent
• knowledge of or strong interest in government in the UK and elsewhere
• strong analytical, organisational and communication (both written/verbal) skills
• commitment to the values and mission of the Institute for Government.
Applicants should be available to work on a full-time basis. Internships are offered for three months in the first instance. There is the potential to extend – to a maximum of six months – subject to satisfactory performance.
Our offer to you.
We offer you the opportunity to:
• become a full member of the research and learning team in a highly-respected institution at the heart of Westminster with close connections to government and all political parties
• take a fresh, evidence-based look at a range of issues, to improve the Institute’s understanding of problems facing government, and to help develop innovative solutions to these problems
• work with other Institute staff and external partners to deliver the Institute’s research and learning programme
• work on projects combining traditional research with practitioner and expert workshops and stimulating public and private events
• contribute to high-quality publications, presentations and events.