Date Added: 11 January 2019
: 12 February 2019
Job Title: Media and Communications Consultant
Working For: Lexington Communications
Lexington Communications is looking for a first-rate Media and Communications Consultant to join our successful and growing media and corporate communications team.
You will be part of a dynamic, hard-working and high-achieving team working across a number of client accounts, in sectors spanning the creative industries, transport, construction, health, infrastructure, financial services and charities. Your role will include working on campaigns, media relations, media planning, digital communications and issues management.
We are looking for a candidate with two to three years’ experience working in a communications agency, or in-house communications team.
Please note: We are seeking a candidate with experience at drafting and selling in press releases, and handling journalists. Candidates who are not able to demonstrate expertise in these areas will not be taken forward for interview.
The role will include:
- Drafting and selling in press materials to trade, print and broadcast media
- Contributing to the development of strategic communications and campaign planning
- Advising clients on the media agenda
- Drafting media comments, Q&As and key message documents on important issues
- Building media contact lists on behalf of clients
- Media monitoring, research and coverage metrics
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of what a news story is, how news stories are constructed by journalists and PR teams, and how the news agenda works across multiple platforms, including broadcast, print and digital.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An excellent writer who can write in a number different styles e.g. blogs, op-eds, eye-catching tweets, press releases, quotes and speeches;
- Positive, with a can-do attitude and interested in the UK media landscape and digital sphere;
- Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Proactive, good at coming up with ideas for creative campaigns and news stories;
- A creative thinker when it comes to selling in stories to the media;
- Fluent in digital media – comfortable using multiple platforms and considering how they might be used to help our clients achieve their objectives;
Closing Date: 12 February 2019
Interviews will take place by the end of March 2019.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org