Date Added: 11 January 2019
: 31 January 2019
Job Title: Policy Manager - EU and Digital Single Market
Working For: techUK
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 per annum
techUK is the UK’s leading trade association for technology companies, helping to shape the society in which we will live in coming decades. Technology is changing all aspects of our lives: techUK provides a unified voice for the companies driving these changes vis-à-vis stakeholders, Governments and regulators on the domestic and international stage.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future engagement of the UK tech sector in the EU during the Brexit negotiations and beyond, working with some of the most innovative and leading tech companies in the UK. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The role would suit a confident communicator with a sharp eye for detail, looking to take their next steps in policy, advocacy and stakeholder engagement.
The role is UK-based with regular travel to Brussels and elsewhere in Europe
- Assist in identifying and responding to policy issues in the EU that impact the tech sector
- Act as contact point for EU sister organisations, including supporting techUK’s CEO in his role as Vice President of DIGITALEUROPE
- Develop a network of MEPs, EU Officials and stakeholders in Brussels and Europe
- Research policy issues and draft papers and consultation responses for government, Parliamentary committees etc.
- Speak on panels and if necessary to the media, on behalf of techUK about issues affecting the UK tech sector.
- Support the delivery of an effective work programme, including: leading, managing and delivering events; smooth running of meetings; managing and implementing stakeholder engagement activities; acting as point of contact for techUK members.
- Ensuring effective use of web and social media to communicate techUK’s positions.
- Supporting techUK’s public affairs work in Parliament and engagement across Whitehall.
- Supporting techUK’s public affairs engagement in Brussels and across EU member states.
- Assist in identifying prospective members and growing techUK’s membership.
- Working with Head of Policy to manage and implement an effective contact programme, ensuring the CRM is used effectively.
Further details can be found on the techUK website at https://www.techuk.org/about/jobs-at-techuk/item/14617-policy-manager-eu-and-digital-single-market
Closing Date: 31 January 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible and techUK may appoint to the role before the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV together with a short cover letter (max 500 words) to email@example.com