Date Added: 11 January 2019
: 20 January 2019
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker - Full-time
Working For: Lloyd Russell-Moyle MP (Brighton Kemptown)
Location: Brighton Kemptown Constituency
Salary: Starting at £17,550.00
Applicants should have an interest in helping people & be sympathetic to the values of the Labour Party. Experience in working or volunteering with the public would be helpful. Ability to learn on the job vital.
Occasional evening/weekend work will be required. There will be a requirement to attend training days elsewhere with travel paid.
• Deal with & monitor incoming telephone & visitor enquiries, respond to emails & letters, efficient data & file management.
• Work to the Senior Caseworker’s instructions whilst managing own caseload, ensuring all cases are logged, updated & outstanding queries are followed up, with urgent cases reported to the Senior Caseworker
• Ensure office records are kept, adhering to GDPR principles
• Communicate with and build links with local and national organisations & elected representatives.
• Provide advice & support to constituents on a broad range of issues, such as financial, housing, welfare benefits, & help to resolve problems through liaison with government agencies, local government agencies & voluntary sector organisations.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate.
• Attend surgeries & other meetings
• Provide general secretarial & admin support to ensure the smooth running of the office.
• Other duties as appropriate
• Excellent oral & written communication skills to a high professional standard
• Good IT skills including Microsoft Word & Outlook
• Excellent organisational & admin skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, meet tight deadlines, work independently & with minimum supervision as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team
• An ability to help constituents in a positive, helpful, sympathetic, sensitive & non-judgemental manner
• Experience in a similar role
• Competence in using CaseworkerMP software or similar software
• Experience of: managing & progressing casework, handling sensitive issues; working with confidential information; working with people who have mental health difficulties
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 January 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible, and an appointment might be made before the closing date, should a suitable candidate be found. An applicant could start immediately.
Please send an email to Lloyd’s Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Constituency Caseworker.
The email should include a maximum two sides CV and a short covering letter (no more than one side) explaining why you would be suitable for the role as per the person specification.