Date Added: 15 January 2019
: 4 February 2019
Job Title: Analyst Intern
Working For: Metro Dynamics Ltd.
Salary: £10.55 per hour (London Living Wage)
Metro Dynamics is an independent consultancy that provides strategic advice to those who lead, grow or invest in cities. We work with local government, local enterprise partnerships, and private sector investors and developers across the UK and internationally.
We are seeking to hire a talented intern with an interest in economics and data analysis.
Interns at Metro Dynamics can expect to be involved in:
- Supporting consultancy projects through researching specific topics and preparing draft information for internal use and for clients
- Undertaking data analysis and mapping of statistics
- Providing day-to-day support as required to the activities of the business
Candidates are expected to:
- be recent graduates with an economics background
- have excellent written communication skills
- be able to demonstrate experience in statistics and analysing data and have good familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- be able to demonstrate interest and experience in topics relevant to our business
Experience of using GIS software (ArcGIS / QGIS), experience of relevant statistics packages (STATA, etc.), and understanding of data analytics tools / languages (e.g. R) would be beneficial but is not essential.
Our internships typically last for three months, with an option to extend. Interns are expected to travel around the UK to support project work as required.
Closing Date: 4 February 2019
Interviews will be held on the 14th and 15th February.
We can be flexible on the start date.
Closing date for applications is Monday 4th February 2019. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Metro Dynamics Internship’. Please include a short CV (no more than two pages) and a one page covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for an internship with Metro Dynamics.
Please note: all applicants must have the relevant permissions to work in the UK for the period of the internship being considered.