Date Added: 16 January 2019
: 15 February 2019
Job Title: Consultant - Advocacy
Working For: Hanover
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Hanover is looking to appoint a driven Consultant/Senior Consultant with a passion for business and Westminster politics to join our fast-growing Advocacy (public affairs) team.
You will have the opportunity to support our client work across a wide range of business sectors including technology, manufacturing, energy, food and drink and education. Our clients include Facebook, Goldman Sachs, Gatwick Airport, Tata Steel, Tes Global, Lucozade Ribena Suntory and Tate & Lyle Sugars.
We’re a fast-growing 30-strong team of political specialists who advise some of the world’s biggest brands on UK politics and regulatory issues.
The successful candidates will be keen networkers, with a passion for public affairs and a nuanced understanding of the relationship between business and politics. We work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment, and our consultants are equally at home in the office, at a pitch or at a networking event.
Hanover is one of the UK’s leading independent communications companies. We were recently named Global Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year for the second time by the Holmes Report.
• Develop close client relationships and play an active role in external client meetings
• Provide strategic advice to clients and write bespoke policy submissions and briefings
• Drive the delivery of client work on multiple accounts and support your project managers in reviewing progress, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks
• Project manage activities focused on new business development, including marketing and managing pipelines
• Identify opportunities to cross-sell services between Hanover teams and offices
• Expand your policy knowledge and personal network through event attendance and relationship building
• Prior public affairs experience within a consultancy or in-house team is desirable
• Very strong team-working, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Excellent knowledge of UK policy and a passion for politics and current affairs - with a demonstrable understanding of their impact on business objectives
• Appetite to build and expand your network of either/or business, policy or political contacts
Closing Date: 15 February 2019
Applications will be reviewed as and when they are received and therefore we may appoint someone to the position before the closing date.
The application form is available here: https://hanovercomms.workable.com/jobs/911782/candidates/new
Further information regarding our benefits and company culture can be found here: https://www.hanovercomms.com/careers/
Due to the high volume of applications received we will only be able to respond to those candidates who have been successfully shortlisted.