We're looking for a Political Executive to join our team in London. As part of our Content team, your key responsibilities will include:
• Producing concise and well-written analysis of debates and legislation in the UK and EU Parliament, and devolved institutions, delivering actionable insight
• Providing live coverage of statements and questions sessions in the House of Commons and in the European Parliament
• Reporting on political events, such as parliamentary Select Committees, annual UK Party Conferences and the EU Commission Work Programme
• Contributing to political research projects and briefings
• Providing support in the maintenance of our political and contact management databases
• General tasks as directed by Head of Content
• A degree/postgraduate degree, preferably in politics or a related discipline
• Knowledge of British and EU politics
• First-class writing skills and an eye for detail
• The ability to quickly understand complex information
• Experience of working to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
• 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
• Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
• Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
• Volunteering opportunities
• Season ticket loans
We believe politics shouldn’t happen without you. We bring expert clarity to the changing political environment, enabling our customers to enhance their influence and anticipate risks and opportunities.
We’re a brand with the autonomy to make changes quickly, but with the support of a larger organisation. This enables us to constantly refine our political intelligence and research services, and also gives our employees the freedom to explore and develop.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?