Date Added: 22 January 2019
: 11 February 2019
Job Title: Constituency Support Manager
Working For: Shabana Mahmood (Birmingham, Ladywood)
Salary: £23, 938 - £36,103
Shabana Mahmood MP is looking to recruit a dynamic, reliable Constituency Support Manager. The role will be based in her Birmingham Ladywood office, and offers a great opportunity to work with a campaigning member of Parliament as part of a fun, welcoming team.
The successful applicant will need to be able to oversee effective campaigns on important local issues, and be comfortable liaising with key stakeholders across Birmingham. They will be responsible for managing a busy constituency team.
There is the possibility that this could be a 4-day a week role. Any applicants looking to apply on this basis should state so in their covering letter.
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
• Project management
• Provide briefings for Shabana
• Research issues to support Shabana’s work
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquires from constituents, lobbyists and others
• Supervise other staff members
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Shabana is accurately informed on key issues and aware of trends
• Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
• Develop knowledge in specialist areas
• Ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 February 2019
Applications will close at 12pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Birmingham.
Applications must include a two page CV detailing work history and experience, along with an accompanying letter outlining why you are applying for the role.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “APPLICATION: Constituency Support Manager”.
Should you require any further information, please email the address above.
All applications will be acknowledged.