Markets and Investor Analysis
• This will require the ability to advise financial services clients on the specific policy and political issues facing them. We want to build on our strengths in this area, so the role will involve supporting our financial services business plan and also working with a senior partner who specialises in this area.
• The right candidate may have a background in financial services or in a relevant area of the public sector.
• have a consultancy background or a background advising investors on the risks and opportunities around their portfolios caused by political/regulatory developments;
• have political awareness and the ability to translate developments in the political and regulatory world into high-value insights for investors;
• are able to lead work with clients, manage relationships, respond to their needs and drive value; and
• are likely to have 5-10 years’ relevant experience.
Our broader requirements
Working as part of a high-performing team, you would be expected to:
• Deliver outstanding work for our clients;
• Contribute meaningfully to our thinking, participating in the intellectual debate within Flint, with a view to delivering real client impact;
• Build client relationships: as a senior member of the team, develop our existing client relationships and help build the business; and
You will bring the following range of skills:
• Excellent analytical, quantitative, research and problem-solving skills – the ability to draw out the implications of complex evidence and analysis to give clear strategy and policy advice;
• Outstanding written communication skills, with proven ability to draft clear documents for internal and external audiences with varying degrees of expert knowledge;
• Outstanding oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists;
• Good organisational skills, including the capacity to prioritise, plan and schedule complex tasks proactively, and comfort working under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills – a flexible approach and the ability to work well across teams, both with internal colleagues and external clients; and
• A strong understanding of both the public and private sectors.
We review applications as they are submitted. Start date as soon as possible with consideration to notice periods based on candidate notice periods.