Date Added: 22 January 2019
: 12 February 2019
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: Neil Parish MP (Tiverton and Honiton)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Neil Parish is seeking a full-time Administrative Officer for his busy Westminster Office. Although previous parliamentary experience is not essential, it would be beneficial.
The primary responsibilities for this role would be:
• Diary management
• Handling administrative arrangements for meetings
• Organising surgeries
• Administrative support for all expense claims via IPSA
• Responding to telephone and email enquiries
• Meticulous record keeping and dealing with confidential and sensitive information
• Other administrative duties as required, including ordering office supplies and some casework
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• Strong written and oral communication skills and a good telephone manner
• Highly organised
• Quick and efficient work style
• A strong work ethic and a willingness to be flexible to the demands of a busy office
• A team player
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 February 2019
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with the applicant likely to start at the end of February.
All applicants should send a covering letter and CV to Neil Parish by email at email@example.com. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.