Date Added: 22 January 2019
: 15 February 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Associate
Working For: Pennon Group
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000
Pennon Group are the leading UK-owned environmental infrastructure group, with assets of £6billion and a workforce of around 5,000 people. The FTSE 250 Pennon Group owns South West Water, Bournemouth Water, and Viridor.
We now have an exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the team as a Public Affairs Associate in Exeter. The successful applicant will be working on high-profile issues such as recycling, single-use plastics, and the major political issues facing the water sector.
The Public Affairs Associate will support Pennon’s public affairs capabilities, providing a strategic public affairs function that supports and enhances the Group’s brands and increases its influence on policy-making. Through a tailored public affairs programme, the public affairs team will work to enhance the value of Pennon’s businesses making a direct contribution to Pennon’s strategic business objectives.
Your duties will include:
- Support the Public Affairs Manager to deliver a structured public affairs strategic plan (reflecting the company strategy, strategic objectives, policies and business activities).
- Assisting the Public Affairs Manager to establish regular contact with politicians, political advisers, civil servants, non-departmental public bodies, and others to keep them informed about the organisation’s work and policy concerns.
- Providing a key corporate service by monitoring proceedings of the UK Parliament and devolved institutions and provide analysis for senior staff members.
- Supporting the Public Affairs Manager to develop and implement strategic plans identifying and meeting the needs of key external stakeholders.
- Writing and submitting consultations to government and regulator consultations in line with Pennon’s strategic goals.
- Supporting the wider Corporate Affairs team as required, including forming part of the ‘out of hours’ press office function.
Closing Date: 15 February 2019
Interviews will be held in Exeter on a rolling basis until suitable candidate selected.
Please apply via: https://www.southwestwater.co.uk/careers/vacancies/public-affairs-associate/