Date Added: 24 January 2019
: 22 March 2019
Job Title: Consultant (Account Manager Equivalent)
Working For: Newgate Communications
The Engage team in London is now looking for an experienced Consultant (Account Manager equivalent) with demonstrable skills in delivering community consultation and stakeholder engagement or working with property and construction clients to deliver programmes of PR activity.
The right candidate will need to be smart, driven, keen to learn new skills, determined and very capable and organised with an aptitude for creative problem solving and thinking on their feet.
What the role can offer you…
With the 28-year heritage of the former PPS Group firmly embedded in Newgate, you will have every opportunity to immerse yourself in a successful team that commands respect from clients and competitors alike. You will have the chance to gain hands-on experience working on active clients across a range of sectors including residential, energy, waste, infrastructure, retail, and commercial.
- Work with the senior consultants/partners and wider team to develop and implement engagement strategies
- Manage and lead on day-to-day client servicing, being a ready point of contact, and to give robust advice with confidence
- Have a keen understanding of trends in the sector and be an authoritative source of information on national/local government policy as it impacts your clients
- Maintain good relationships with clients, identifying opportunities to grow the business not just for your team but across the wider agency
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted local media, with support from colleagues
- Work, both individually and with the wider team, to identify new business opportunities and devise and implement strategies/campaigns to target potential clients
- Help develop and deliver presentations for new business
- Engage in networking to develop contacts and opportunities
- Mentor Executives, identifying any work issues to your senior team members
- Demonstrate a good understanding of local authorities and the political landscape
- Develop and maintain excellent media contacts
- Excellent writing skills
SOCIAL & DIGITAL MEDIA
- Demonstrate an awareness of key social media platforms and how they can be used
Closing Date: 22 March 2019
We may appoint before the closing date.
Please send your CV, along with a letter outlining why you would be an ideal candidate for the Newgate Engage team, to firstname.lastname@example.org